Dec 10, 2010

Christmas Reads.

.
I grow increasingly aware of my dwindling time.

So far, I still have 12 books to go in my 25/128 goal and 21 days to read them. According to this status, I need to read at least one book every 2 days. It may sound impossible, but here's the catch:
I will be home for Christmas break in approximately 4 hours. Christmas break = no homework, which inevitably means I can read as often as I wish. :) And I plan to do so with a fire, fuzzy socks, and Christmas cheer.

Right now, I am half-way through John Flanagan's second Ranger's Apprentice book (The Burning Bridge). After this, I will move to the Narnia Chronicles. This decision is inspired by the fact that The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has been released today in theaters.


I admit, I grow a bit rabid at the thought. I love the Narnia Chronicles, I love the first two movies, and I'm beyond thrilled to see what 20th Century Fox does with this one. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was always my favorite book in the series (followed closely by The Silver Chair).

I must warn my readers--even if I manage to read a book every two days (or more) this December, my reviews will not post within that same time frame. This is so you are not bombarded every other day with my loud opinions. I will, however, keep you updated on my progress.

Now I must ask, what pages are you rifling through on your break? Any favorite Christmas reads singing carols from your bookshelf?




Nadine Brandes is an adventurer, fusing authentic faith with bold imagination. She writes stories about brave living, finding purpose, and other worlds soaked in imagination. Her debut dystopian novel, A Time to Die, releases 2014 from Marcher Lord Press, the premier publisher of Christian speculative fiction. When Nadine's not taste-testing a new chai or editing fantasy novels, she is out pursuing adventures. She currently lives in Idaho with her husband. You can find out more about Nadine and her books at http://nadinebrandes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment